Why have an employment manual?
- To inform management of your expectations and policies and procedures
- To inform employees of your expectations and policies and procedures
- To substantiate terminations for cause and assist you in not paying unemployment benefits to “for cause” terminations.
- To aid in the defense of discrimination claims by
- assuring best practices in human resources
- setting forth defenses to hostile work environment cases
- the EEOC often requests the policies and procedures and they show an intent to follow the law
- To assist in correcting poor behavior
- To limit third party liability
Why Have Job Descriptions?
- To minimize Americans with Disability claims
- To assure that management and staff have the same expectations
- To assure proper pay under Wage and Hour laws